RECRON TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These RECRON terms and conditions were laid down in January 2003 in consultation with the Consumentenbond (Netherlands Consumers’ Association) and the ANWB (Royal Dutch Touring Club) within the framework of the Coördinatiegroep Zelfreguleringsoverleg (Self regulatory consultation Coordination group) (CZ) of the Sociaal-Economische Raad (Social Economic Council) and shall be in force as of the 1st of April 2003. The Self regulatory consultation Coordination group appreciates mentioning the above when citing from these General Terms and Conditions.
Article 1: Definitions
These terms and conditions mean by:
a. camping means: tent, collapsible camper, camper, touring caravan, and such;
b. site: any and each possible site to accommodate a camping means, site to be described in more detail in the agreement;
c. tourist site: a site that may be occupied by a camping means for a period of at most three months;
d. entrepreneur: the company, the institution or association that puts the site at the disposal of the holiday maker;
e. holiday maker: the person who concludes the agreement on the site with the entrepreneur;
f. fellow holiday maker: the person(s) also listed on the agreement;
g. third party: any other party not being the holiday maker and/or his fellow holidaymaker(s);
h. agreed price: the remuneration that will be paid for the use of the tourist site; any and each item that is not included in the price must be mentioned and this based on a price list;
i. information: data provided in writing or digitalized on the use of the hired site and the camping means, its facilities and the regulations regarding a stay;
j. committee on disputes: the Disputes Committee in 's-Gravenhage, installed by ANWB (Royal Dutch Touring Club)/Consumentenbond (Netherlands Consumers’ Association)/RECRON;
k. cancellation: termination in writing of the agreement by the holiday maker, before the commencement date of the stay.
Article 2: Contents agreement
1. The entrepreneur puts at the disposal of the holiday maker the agreed site, and this for holiday purposes and therefore not for permanent habitation, for the agreed period; the holiday maker shall herewith get the right to put a camping means there of the agreed type and destined for the persons listed.
2. The entrepreneur shall be obliged to provide the holiday maker in advance with the written information on the basis of which this agreement has also been concluded. The entrepreneur shall always inform the holiday maker in time in writing of changes therein.
3. In the event that the information deviates considerably from the information provided at the conclusion of the agreement, then the holiday maker shall be entitled to cancel the agreement without any costs.
4. The holiday maker shall be obliged to observe the agreement and the information belonging thereto. He shall see to it that fellow holiday makers and/or third parties visiting him and/or staying with him shall also observe the agreement and the information belonging thereto.
5. In the event that the stipulations included in the agreement and/or the information belonging thereto violate the RECRON terms and conditions then the RECRON terms and conditions shall prevail. However, this does not affect any individual additional arrangements that the holiday maker and the entrepreneur may make whereby these terms and conditions are deviated from in favour of the holiday maker.
6. The entrepreneur takes it for granted that the holiday maker concludes this agreement with the consent of his possible partner.
Article 3: Duration and expiry of the agreement
The agreement shall expire by operation of law when the period of time agreed has passed whereby notice being given shall not be required.
Article 4: Price and price change
1. The price shall be agreed upon on the basis of the rates then applicable, rates that have been determined by the entrepreneur.
2. In the event that, after determination of the agreed price, because of an increase of the financial burden on the side of the entrepreneur, additional costs arise as a consequence of a change in expenditure and/or levies that relate directly to the site, the camping means or the holiday maker, then these may be passed on to the holiday maker, and this also after the conclusion of the agreement.
Article 5: Payment
1. The holiday maker must settle his payments in euros, unless differently agreed upon, thereby observing
the periods of time agreed upon.
2. a. In the event that a booking has been made more than six weeks before the date of arrival and
the holiday maker, despite prior written demand for payment, does not or not adequately fulfil
his payment obligation within a period of time of two weeks after receipt of the written
demand, then the entrepreneur shall be entitled to cancel the agreement with immediate effect,
notwithstanding the right of the entrepreneur to demand full payment of the agreed price.
b. In the event that a booking has been made six weeks or less before the date of arrival and the
holiday maker does not or not adequately fulfil his payment obligation, then the agreement
shall expire by operation of law whereby the holiday maker shall owe a remuneration to the
entrepreneur in accordance with article 6 paragraph 1. The entrepreneur must inform the
holiday maker beforehand of the consequences of overdue payment.
3. In the event that at the day of arrival the entrepreneur is not in possession of the total amount owed, then
he shall be entitled to deny the holiday maker access to the grounds, notwithstanding the right of the
entrepreneur to demand full payment of the agreed price.
4. Any and all extrajudicial costs reasonably made by the entrepreneur, after having given notice of default
to the holiday maker, shall be at the expense of the latter. In the event that the total amount has not been
paid in time and after a demand for payment has been made in writing, then the interest percentage
statutorily laid down shall be charged on the amount still outstanding.